SuperMax 71938 19-38 Drum Sander with Open Stand
Perfect for the small shop or woodworking enthusiast, the SuperMax 19-38 Drum Sander reduces the tedium of hand sanding, speeds up the sanding process, and produces more consistent results!
- Simple alignment feature - Just one nut will adjust the conveyor to parallel the sanding head, making aligning the conveyor to the sanding head fast and easy.
- Indexed alignment setting - Has an indexed alignment setting for narrow and wide stock. When sanding stock wider than 19" the index lever will properly adjust the conveyor for flawless wide sanding.
- Easy height adjustments - A thrust bearing below the handle and a nut positioned above prevents the drum from moving out of the set position while sanding. No backlash or slop in the height adjustment mechanism allowing easier and smoother height adjustments.
- Extra-wide conveyor - to properly support stock over 19" wide. The conveyor table is 22" wide to add support to the work piece.
- Drum will never go out of alignment - The drum carriage is bolted to the base, preventing any movement or alignment issues.
- INTELLISAND Technology: Automatically adjusts conveyor speed based on load
- Prevents gouging, damaging or burning stock
- Provides consistent finish even with varying grain pattern and density
- Greatly increases abrasive planing and dimensioning speed
- Flatness Guarantee: Precision-flattened steel conveyor bed reinforced with four steel cross sections for no flex in conveyor, guaranteeing flatness to less than .010" across the width of the sander
- Abrasive conveyor belt: offers the best grip for raw wood, giving you the ability to accommodate stock that is much shorter or thinner
- Patented Abrasive Attachment System: effectively tensions the abrasive wraps, preventing loose abrasive and overlap
- Easiest access: to abrasive fastening system of any drum sander! Extra wide space to access fasteners to eliminate need for special tools.
- Self-cooling: drum prevents overheating and extends abrasive life
- Tension rollers are adjustable: in height and hold down pressure, eliminating snipe
Excellent dust extraction: as dust cover is formed to shape of drum
- Metal, not plastic, is formed to maximize air flow and dust extraction
- Heavy-duty cast iron: construction for strength, rigidity and reduced vibration
- Drum Width: 19''
- Maximum workpiece width: 38'' (two passes)
- Minimum workpiece length: 2-1/4''
- Maximum workpiece thickness: 4''
- Minimum workpiece thickness: 1/32''
- Conveyor motor: 43 in.-lb. torque, direct drive D.C. motor, variable from 0-10 FPM
- Minimum CFM Required: 600 CFM
- Drive motor (TEFC): 1-3/4 HP, 110V, 15A, 1-Phase
- Optional folding indeed/outfeed tables available for additional support ( sold separately)