JessEm 05300 Pow-R-Tek SR 3.25HP Router Table Motor
- Jessem's new Pow-R-Tek SR (Spindle Router) Motor has a powerful 3-1/4hp, 4.2 diameter motor and was 100% designed, engineered and tested by us here in Canada.
- This new router motor has been in the design and production stage for over a year to ensure that every aspect of it is perfect.
- We tore apart every router currently on the market to figure out the positive and negatives of each in order to design what we believe is to be the absolute best option available.
- One of the main focuses obviously with any motor is air flow and especially air flow when the router is installed in a dust box.
- So we created two airflow ports at the bottom of the motor to keep fresh air constantly flowing, which avoids it from overheating.
- Combine that with our new dust box (also available soon) that will have two internal airflow ports, allows the customer to connect their motor for fresh airflow, no overheating and no wood dust ever getting into the motor.
- We will also be offering these airflow ports and hoses as a separate option for customers.
- One of the main things we looked at when it came to the bearings is trying to find a solution for our motor to run perfectly at 21 000rpm.
- Anything less than this takes away the smoothness of the router, the rigidity of the spindle and bearing rated for less than 21 000rpm are prone to premature wear and overheating.
- With our new motor, we have chosen 2 angular contact bearings with light contact seals and Kluber grease that are universal ground and paired up before assembly in a back to back DB arrangement.
- Each of these bearings are rated for 30,000rpm. These true machine spindle bearings control the spindle not only radially but also axially and they are designed to handle the shock loads of machining parts.
- With them being used on a router motor, these bearings should never wear out. The cost on these spindle bearings are significantly more than current bearings used today but worth the additional cost.
Air Blows To The Sides:
- The next issue we found was the air from the motor blowing up through the opening of the router table. Its not ideal and doesn’t allow from chips to be properly cleared from around the bit.
- We have eliminated this process by having the air directed out to the sides of the motor and downwards which also allows for better dust collection.
- By having this feature, it also allows the router to raise up higher above the opening for easier bit changes.
Variable Speed Box:
- We have changed the variable speed box to be made out of steel and the new switch will be a no volt release which makes this motor ideal for schools and other institutions as the motor cannot turn on if the power was to suddenly shut off.
Included With Each Motor:
- The new router will still be soft start and we will also provide ER-20 Collets in ¼” and ½” sizes. There will also be a spare set of brushes for the customer in each package and our new cast steel wrenches.