Woodpeckers 'OneTime Tool' 12-in-1 Layout Tool
Woodpeckers latest OneTIME Tool is another revival of an early 20th Century classic. The Hutchison Manufacturing Company of Nashville, Tennessee, patented the Twelve-in-One Tool in 1927 and produced them for a dozen years or so. It consists of two scales with carefully machined grooves, connected to each other with a thumbwheel. By aligning the scales to each other in different configurations you can perform 12 essential measuring and marking jobs
- 12" Rule
- Try Square
- Bevel Gauge
- Marking Gauge
- Depth Gauge
- Diameter Gauge
- Miter Square
- Inside Measurement Scale
- Our modern interpretation features close-tolerance CNC machining and precision laser-engraving of the stainless steel scales. Once you drop Woodpeckers 12-in-1 Tool in your apron pocket and use it for a while, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it
- Think about carrying a T-square, try-square, bevel gauge, marking gauge, 12" rule and a compass in your pocket all the time. Compare that to carrying this deceptively simple tool…and consider that's only half of what the 12-in-1 replaces!
- A pair of close-tolerance grooves machined in the center of the base scale capture the adjustable scale dead square. This forms the foundation of the T-square, Marking Gauge and Depth Gauge functions. A similar set of grooves at the end of the base scale locates the adjustable scale for the Try-Square and Diameter Gauge functions. Go ahead…test them against your most trusted square reference. We're confident you'll find them to be well within acceptable working limits.
- The base scale is engraved with angle alignment guides for 30°, 45° and 60° angles. When you're working with non-standard angles, simply match the angle you need with the bevel gauge function and transfer it to your workpiece.
- We placed a scribing guide 1/8" from the end of the adjustable scale. Just drop in a pencil, slide the base scale along your material and mark precisely parallel to the edge. You can also draw perfect arcs. Put your pencil in the scribing guide and a finish nail or awl in the pivot point found on the opposite end of the base scale.
- You won't find a more convenient tool to keep close at hand when you're in the shop working on furniture and cabinetry layout. Unlike the nearly-100-year-old originals, the stainless steel blades have a non-glare satin finish with crisp, dark laser-engraved scales. We hold the scales to a tolerance of .004" total accumulated error, so they're as accurate as they are easy-to-read.
Like all our OneTIME Tools, the 12-In-1 Tool is only made to order, precisely machined and carefully inspected in our Strongsville, Ohio facility (just south of Cleveland). We will only build enough tools to fill the orders placed before Monday, July 24, 2023. Once orders are filled, the tool will be retired from our product line. Delivery is scheduled for the end of September, 2023.