Easy Wood Tools 1200 Full-Size Easy Rougher
The Easy Rougher is a carbide cutter woodturning tool that effortlessly hogs away massive amounts of material, and requires no sharpening. It is offered here in the full-size version, boasting a rugged 1/2" bar, sturdy 16" maple handle and an attractive copper ferrule. Designed to be kept flat on the tool rest and level to the floor, the Easy Rougher provides support directly beneath the cutting edge transferring the cutting pressure downward. This allows the lathe to take the pounding that you would normally suffer through when using a conventional bowl gouge for roughing. Made in USA.
- Cuts left, right and straight in without changing approach angle
- Requires very little physical strength or exertion
- Your feet and hips stay in nearly the same position for the blank roughing process
- Very minimal handle bouncing on irregularly shaped blanks
- Reduced tendency for kickback, catches and sucking into the workpiece
- No intimidating cutting angles to learn and remember; no bevels to ride
- Handles are finished with an 8-step spray process and hand-rubbed lacquer for a shine and beauty that will last
- Easy Grip handles with two-position grips for comfortable and stability
- Stainless steel tool bars will never rust; solid copper ferrules add strength and beauty
- Handle: 16'' Maple
- Tool Bar: 1/2'' x 8-1/2''
- Overall length: 24-1/2''
- Max Reach: 4''
- Ci1-R4 carbide cutter with mounting screw (pre-installed)